Site testing is part of nearly all projects we do, whether it is the initial site test at the start of the project, sample testing of a project during construction, or pre completion testing to show compliance with design targets.
Site testing includes the following:
- Initial site survey of ambient noise and vibration will usually be used to set the design criteria for a proposed development either for a Planning or Licensing application or for brand standards such as for hotels and cinemas.
- An existing building which is to be redeveloped can be tested to establish the initial state of its external noise break-in, internal noise break-out, sound insulation between spaces, and internal acoustics. This gives a more reliable feed to the design stages and identifies where the main weaknesses are.
- In a large development where there is a lot of repetition of the design, such as hotels and apartment blocks, sample testing is useful to identify any hidden weaknesses in the construction and to give peace of mind before committing to extensive building work.
- Pre-completion testing of sound insulation is requirement for most dwellings and rooms for residential purposes under the Building Regulations Approved Document E (ADE or Part E). This comprises the airborne sound testing of walls and the airborne and impact sound testing of floors. ADC is an approved test company under the ANC scheme.
- Air testing or Air tightness testing is also part of the Building Regulations Approved document L (ADL or Part L). ADC offers this service alongside its sound testing services.
- Ambient noise, mechanical services noise, internal acoustics, sound insulation is often required at completion to prove compliance with statuary criteria, best practice criteria, brand standards, planning conditions, licensing conditions, etc
"I've worked with lots of acoustic consultants over the years and you guys are easily the best"
Burlow Engineering, Bury
"ADC are an efficient, cost effective acoustic consultancy. They always offer solutions rather than presenting problems. I am always happy to recommend them to my clients"
RGP Architects, Manchester
"ADC's report is excellent. No more comments from me"
"The reason we won the case was in no small part down to your efforts. Your proof of evidence was outstandingly the best and your performance on the stand was impeccable"
Planning and Law,
"Thanks a million for this work, it's excellent. I think we will make your trip to Dublin an annual event as I like your approach and your practical solutions"
Unilever Foods, Dublin
"Thank you Mr Raymond. Next time I need a great noise expert for a licensing hearing, I'll certainly recommend you to my instructing solicitor"
"Thanks for the noise control seminar, it was really enjoyable and as you can tell by the questions asked, everyone learnt so much from it"
Centrica Business Solutions,
"Many thanks again for your expert assistance with our case. You came across as knowledgeable, honest and fair - unlike your opposite number!"
West Lancashire Borough Council,
"I have worked with Andrew Raymond as an expert on noise issues in connection with planning inquiry work. His work and the presentation of his evidence is always of a high quality. He responds very quickly. Above all he always takes a pragmatic and commercial approach to solutions, and this is very much appreciated by clients."
"I think we've made a breakthrough with thanks to you! You seemed to have swayed opinion Environmental Health Dept! I am so grateful for your time and effort on our behalf. This has all been a bit trying and you were like a ray of sunshine on the proceedings!"
"Philip gave the best presentation I have seen, or to be more accurate heard, in a long time. He gives you a remarkable and wholly practical demonstration of the effects of good, and bad, sound insulation in buildings.”
Poole Dick Associates,
"Professional, knowledgeable and cooperative – fellow consultants ADC Acoustics have been a pleasure to work with and are an asset to any design team, providing a comprehensive service with the expertise to solve even the most complex of acoustic related issues"
Brewster Bye Architects, Leeds
"I run a commercial planning law practice, and I act for commercial clients. These clients expect their interests to be represented in an efficient and practical manner, and when I have acoustic issues to deal with I have no hesitancy in recommending ADC acoustics. I find that I can discuss issues with that practice and that I receive accurate and practical advice in return. Perhaps most importantly I find that I am listened to and that the practice responds to my requirements."
"The acoustic insulation is so good you cannot hear anything outside at all even with the music on at full level. Thanks so much for everything to date. Pop in anytime for that extra large drink!!!"
Nightclub, North Wales
"When we get an acoustic report from you, we always know it's going to be good. And that's not something we say very often"
Senior Environmental Health Officer,
"Just a quick hello and a big thank you for your patience and concerted efforts in seeing this project through to its conclusion.
You have been wonderful through this journey, have made yourselves available when we haver needed your expertise, and are very appreciative for your effort … thanks very much!"
Having commissioned ADC Acoustics to carry out a building assessment for our enrichment service, which provides services for young adults with disability, I can confidently say that Phil understood the needs of our service and how we require the acoustics to perform. He gave a very clear and simple understanding of how acoustic properties work in buildings, and the measures required to achieve the desired noise levels. Very professional and friendly service, highly recommended.